Monday, February 8, 2010

The difference between a lawyer and a life coach

I'm one of those annoying people that has always liked giving advice. I like to help my friends write papers, sort out their love lives, plan for the future, whatever needs doing. I like being the one that people call because they know I'll listen and help.

Sometimes, I think I should have gone to school to be a therapist or a teacher, some career where I could help people develop. Instead, I went to law school. Do you want to know why?

Because sometimes I just like to tell people to suck it up and move on. Sometimes, I'd rather just step in and fix people's problems rather than helping them discover the truth for themselves. Ultimately, lawyers are just really expensive problem solvers...really expensive problem solvers with a reputation for being assholes. That's why I want to be a lawyer. I get to help people and I get to sue their asses. The best of both worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment