Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Minor Update: Things I've seen out my window

Cop car pulls up to the sidewalk but keeps driving past our building. A few minutes later, a cop on a super-segway speeds up to this other car (this isn't the standard mall cop segway...it was fast and white, and bigger.) My intern twin (seriously, this girl is from Duluth and went to the same place for undergrad...weirdness) and I decided it was time for our afternoon stroll through the neighborhood (yes, we go out almost every day. No, I don't feel the need to carry a gun).

Naturally we decide to turn up the block and head towards the cop car. Segway cop is having a bit of a conversation with car-cop. Car-cop is holding a clipboard with a green sheet of paper on it. Segway cop is wearing a bulletproof vest. We decided we shouldn't linger too close.

We continue up the block to the corner, turning around frequently to get a good view of what's happening. Car-cop goes up to the door and knocks. Segway cop moves and sits at the same corner we're at. We feel like it's best to wait for the light rather than j-walk. I turn and look across the street, and, wouldn't you know, just around the corner is another cop car with 4 officers milling around it.

My guess is that they were serving a warrant on someone and wanted back up (and bulletproof vests) close at hand.

Just another day on Park Ave.


1 comment: