Saturday, November 21, 2009

Black Friday Better Be Worth It

I have no money to spend on Black Friday. Poor planning on my part since it is my favorite "holiday" of the year. Then again, one of the first things my mother taught me was that the joy of shopping can be separated from the joy of spending. The current plan, therefore, is to get enough work done now so that I can elbow my way through crowded malls, checking out the great deals, perhaps calling friends when I see something perfect for them. Ahh, the joys of the holidays.

Sadly, this plan has left me in the library outlining. It's Saturday night. How lame is that? People might start thinking I'm a gunner. I'll lose my reputation as "that girl" who never does any classwork, relying instead on my great wit and charm* to get me through cold calls.

Thank goodness I have this blog now though. While other poor suckers are sitting around highlighting (in multiple colors no less), I'm typing away. At least I secured a steaming mug of hot chocolate from the machine in the library. All I can say is that Black Friday best not disappoint!

*by "wit and charm" I mean astounding ability to turn bright red and mumble until the professor takes pity on me and awkwardly moves on to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment