Saturday, November 21, 2009

Guilt free shopping

There are bad people in this world. Bad people that steal really pretty stuff, bad people that drive while drunk and get their Lazy Boys confiscated. However, those of us who just love a good deal (and not necessarily on a motorized easy chair), can appreciate these bad people for all the good they bring to us...at insanely cheap prices.

Thus began my love affair with www.propertyroom.com. A fabulous police auction site and the place to go for gorgeous and cheap jewelry. Of course, you have to bid on items, so it's best to know in advance what the maximum you'd be willing to pay is, but oh the things you can find. Take this lovely ring. I want it, and I don't even like wearing rings!

($26.50, auction ends in 15 minutes). Is it disturbing that I see this and think "Ooh, pretty. And it would make such an awesome indent if you punched someone while wearing it"?




Or how about this painting? I would say it would look fantastic in my living room, but my living room screams "impoverished student" not "fine art." For those with more taste (but not necessarily more money) this Heddy Kun painting is currently $13 (hand signed with certificate of authenticity) and will be up for another 2 days. BTW I just looked Heddy Kun up on wikipedia and google. She sounds amazing!

Sadly, I must stop my online shopping non-spree and return to the real world and outlining. I hate outlining. A tip for anyone considering law school: outlining is much easier if you've already read the material, or if you paid attention in class. There is a reason that law school classes are not taught in a week. Naturally, this hasn't stopped me from learning everything I need to learn in the shortest time possible. My greatest achievement? Employment Discrimination. I did all the reading in 2 very long days. The results were surprisingly good. Since I'll probably be repeating the experiment with Professional Responsibility this semester, I'll let you know if it's a reliable technique. But for now, Legislation calls.








No comments:

Post a Comment